Re: [K12OSN] K12Linux F10 Live Server Stable 2

I believe the point Carla is making (and is my opinion as well, and looks like others as well) is that Linux is becoming "needlessly-complex" making it so convoluted it is becoming difficult to administer.  Try something as simple as changing the K12Linux Fedora 10 (server box) login window background image, you can't as easily as you once did. Why, because GNOME left out the option (login screen editor) in GNOME 2.4. Why would one need NetworkManager (or want to have) it on a server? Wasn't NetworkManager really made for portable computing? Read Fedora's own definition at: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/NetworkManager. It just seems we're getting as Carla puts it 'Windows-Itis". I would think the best way to differentiate Linux from Windows would be to not try to be like Windows.