Re: What has happened to [K12OSN] K12Linux

Warren Togami wrote:

Thanks for all the work you've put in, Warren.

I have to admit that I did not understand the one NIC setup before. I am under the impression that this is actually a lesson common way of using it, because you typically already have a DHCP server on a network.

That would likely depend on who is the network admin. If it is mostly a windows shop they'll have a separate machine for every service. If they are unix/linux guys, they'll run a bunch of stuff on the same box and may be replacing the existing dhcp server with the ltsp server.

But the way you described it where the LTSP server itself serves DHCP for the rest of the network... that actually is not much different from the standard configuration at all.

Yet another alternative is to add the next-server option, etc. to the existing DHCP server on a flat network.

I suppose we really need people to describe what are the typical ways of setting up a LTSP network? Then we can organize the various ways into the documentation.

The tricky ones are where you have multiple ltsp servers with a common NFS mounted /home and network authentication and want fail-over and load balancing among the clients.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com