Re: [K12OSN] NFS Error

With NFS exports, unlike Windows shares, any directory beneath exported directory can be mounted on another machine. IOW, if /opt/ltsp is exported, the client machine can mount, say, /opt/ltsp/i386 under whatever mountpoint he chooses. Or the client could mount /opt/ltsp/i386/etc under the desired mountpoint. You are not limited to only mounting at the directory exported.

That aside, try booting a fat client on your thin client network and see if you can manually mount what the server is exporting. If you can, then at least you know NFS is working correctly. If you can't, then at least you've narrowed the scope of the problem.

Peter

Barry R Cisna wrote:
Brian,

I see your problem in your exports file.You have posted this as your
exportfs -v:

 root#/usr/sbin/exportfs -v
 /opt/ltsp         <world>(ro,async,wdelay,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)

This does NOT show the i386 dir (which I am sure it should).

You should get a return of:
/opt/ltsp/i386            192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0(ro,no_root_squash,sync)
/var/opt/ltsp/swapfiles   192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0(rw,no_root_squash,async)
*
*
*Notice the i386*

I would also put at a minimum these two lines in your exports file. Make sure the variables match the above two lines as well. I have read in the past were some of these will cause a show stopper

I bet if you duplicate the above two lines in your /etc/exports file
Then do a 'service nfs restart' ,,,& 'service iptables stop'
and reboot a couple TC's
there is a good chance your TC's will be booting ( providing there are not other behind the scenes snafoos).
Let us know your progress.

Take Care,
Barry Cisna