From: "j.w. thomas" <jthomas bittware com>
To: "K12OSN" <k12osn redhat com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 11:05:21 AM GMT -07:00 US/Canada Mountain
Subject: [K12OSN] NFS Install

I'm trying to do an NFS install of the

I've followed the instructions for setting up the nfs server as per http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/Installation_Guide-en-US/s1-steps-network-installs-x86.html
And then proceeded to the instructions for the install at
http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/Installation_Guide-en-US/s1-begininstall-nfs-x86.html

I can mount the NFS export from another Linux box, so I am convinced the NFS server is correctly configured. When I get to the prompt to enter the IP address of the NFS server and the mount point, I enter the correct (I'm sure) info, and then hit enter. I am greeted with this:

Error
That directory could not be
mounted from the server
OK

mount: RPC: Authentication error; why = Failed (unspecified error)

I have copied the iso to the exported directory:

cp ~jthomas/Download/K12LTSP-5.0.0EL-64bit-dvd.iso /mnt/iso/

Here's my /etc/exports
# cat /etc/exports
/mnt/iso *(ro,no_root_squash)

I restarted the nfs server after creating /etc/exports, and everything there looks OK:

# service nfs restart
Shutting down NFS mountd:                                  [  OK  ]
Shutting down NFS daemon:                                  [  OK  ]
Shutting down NFS quotas:                                  [  OK  ]
Shutting down NFS services:                                [  OK  ]
Starting NFS services:                                     [  OK  ]
Starting NFS quotas:                                       [  OK  ]
Starting NFS daemon:                                       [  OK  ]
Starting NFS mountd:                                       [  OK  ]

When I try to mount from the installtion scripts, /var/log/messages tells me this:

Jan 20 13:04:17 spiff mountd[20920]: connect from 192.168.1.123 to proc (1) in mountd: request from unauthorized host

Any help here would be very much appreciated!