Re: [K12OSN] Streaming video

Dan Young wrote:
On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Brian Chivers
<brian portsmouth-college ac uk> wrote:
Gavin Spurgeon wrote:
I've looked @ VLC and have it sort of working but the embedding into a
page is causing problems. I don't really want them to have to download the
whole program before it starts as happens if you just embed the file into a
webpage.

You might want to look @ something like http://flowplayer.org/

It is basically the same type of technology used by YouTube and the
like..

Lets you have the Files on your www server and then just uses flash to
stream them to the client...
That was my line of thought but I couldn't get the files to convert very
well to flash video that will run full screen on a 42" TFT .  If anyone has
managed this with ffmpeg I'd be VERY please to hear about it :-)

I did this for the Inauguration:
http://wiki.videolan.org/Flash_Video

I streamed to the JW FLV Player applet, though I probably would have
used FlowPlayer had I known about it. Worked great; VLC transcoded a
live over-the-air broadcast to FLV1/mp3 and served up 100 streams
without breaking a sweat.

--
Dan Young <dyoung mesd k12 or us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services