[K12OSN] Weird LTSP Boot error

Joseph Bishay joseph.bishay at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 00:52:48 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'm sorry I took so long to reply to my question's response but I
haven't been able to work on the LTSP server for a while (it being a
volunteering thing, the pay job took over for a bit!)

I tried renaming all the interfaces so they are all much shorter than
the required but when the system tried to apply the firewall rules, it
is using the old (longer) name rather than the new, shorter name. Is
there a place where the NIC names are being stored that is not being
modified by the admin -> network control app?

With respect to Barry's recommendation of deleting and re-creating the
firewall, I think that is WAY above my level. :)  I barely understand
iptables to begin with, let alone create them.  Is there a simpler
option?

Thank you.

Joseph