Re: [K12OSN] No sound after moving to FC10

Phydeaux wrote:
At 12:31 AM 01/29/09, Warren Togami wrote:
I have 10 different clients here ranging from Geode, VIA, Intel, AMD and I have never seen any issues like described here.  It is very perplexing to me.

I'm sure it's something small we're overlooking.   FYI -- one additional data point
is that when users log out there are two processes left behind:

   user    7376     1  0 09:57 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/pulseaudio --start
   user    7389  7376  0 09:57 ?        00:00:00 /usr/libexec/pulse/gconf-helper

Sometimes there are more, but these two always seem to be there. They both
appear to be related to pulseaudio.

Leftover on the server? It seems that gnome-session starts that blindly as part of its startup routine, then LTSP client login sets an environment variable like:
PULSE_SERVER=tcp:172.31.100.108:4713

So pulse sound actually is directed over the network and doesn't use the pulseaudio daemon launched on the server for the logged in user.

Meaning... that is unrelated to the problem.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com