[K12OSN] Very frustrating!

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Fri Jan 30 06:47:57 UTC 2009

I popped a little parallel-port print server onto my LaserJet 6L.  It's
a TrendNet TE100-P1P unit, which cost right around $39.  Works great.
It looks a lot like one of those copy-protection parallel-port dongles
from the early 1990's.  It has a 10/100 Ethernet port on it, and it's
configured via a standard Web browser (I used Firefox on CentOS 5).  It
speaks IPP (CUPS), JetDirect-ese (aka "TCP/IP printing"), LPR, and I
think even SMB/NetBIOS.  I use the JetDirect-ese ("TCP/IP printing") mode.

In your case, this would allow you to have your K12LTSP server in one
room, and your LaserJet 1000 in another room--anywhere where there's an
Ethernet port.

--TP
Do you GNU <http://www.gnu.org>?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.cmosnetworks.com>--the ultimate