Re: [K12OSN] Very frustrating!

Hello,

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 9:29 PM, Sudev Barar <sbarar gmail com> wrote:
> 2009/1/31 Rob Owens <rowens ptd net>:
>
> I do not remember the modle but one of the HP printers in past needed
> me to give a command line initialization string every time it was
> started and that could only be done at the server. Is your printer
> also similar?

Yes this printer is similar to that.  You can see that on this page
describing how it works in Linux

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-LaserJet_1000

"The firmware of the printer must be uploaded after turning it on. You
can use a hotplug/udev script which comes with foo2zjs, or do it
manually: "cat /usr/share/foo2zjs/firmware/sihp1000.dl >
/dev/usb/lp0". "

Not sure if this means that this can also be done if it is on a client.

Joseph