[K12OSN] some missing USB icons

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Thu Jul 2 20:50:10 UTC 2009

I know most of you on this list are using Fedora and k12.

I'm trying to use RHEL 5.3 with Gnoem 2.16 as an application server for
LTSP 5.

I'm using a client build on Ubunutu (it was easier at the time)

I have most of it working, the only thing I cannot figure out is this:

local devices are mounted just fine under /media/user/ and is fully
accessable. Floppy and CDROM appears on the Gnome desktop and in the
Places menu, but USB does not.

This really bugs me, I can work around the problem by altering
ltspfsmounter, but I'd really like to know what it is that is stopping
USB sticks from appearing on the desktop when Floppy and CDROM appears
just fine.

I know this is fixed in later versions because the Ubuntu based test
application server (that I use to build the client) work just fine. So I
cannot figure out whether this is caused by udev, gnome-vfs or something
different.

any ideas?

(and could someone at redhat RHEL please update Gnome a more modern version)

/daleif