[K12OSN] The ltsp-client doesn't have a default gateway!

Odin Nøsen odin at gnuskole.no
Tue Jul 7 14:28:01 UTC 2009

> Do the following on your k12 server:
> Drill down to /etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/ifcfg-eth0

This catalog is empty (I'm using NetworkManager), but in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 the GATEWAY=10.0.4.1 is present (but not at
the top of the file). But... it's now at the top :-)

> Now do an 'service network restart'

Done.

> Reboot a couple TC's as see if you have internet now?

No - nothing is changed. route is the same at the TC.

Maybe we're on to something here. I have not used NetworkManager before. I've always
disabled NetworkManager and used networking. I'll have to try that.

Odin