Re: [K12OSN] OT: Google Chrome OS

I'd be happy if they just had enough pull to get redhat and ubuntu to start using a single package format. It wouldn't hurt if they could stop the madness of a new audio system being built every few months either.

Funny that the name for their Linux-based OS will be the Chrome OS, when their Chrome web browser is still windows only right now.

David Hopkins wrote:
With the announcement of Google Chrome OS,
(http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/introducing-google-chrome-os.html
) I'm curious about any thoughts of how this might work in a thin
client environment?  Perhaps it would be useful in a drbl-type
scenario?  Or the technology used in Chrome OS could help advance LTSP
in general?  Is this the manifestation of the 'network is the OS' from
Ellison (I think) way back when?

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins