[K12OSN] Local i386 apps on an X86_64 server?

I have LTSP 5 installed on an existing Fedora 10 server - the server is an X86_64 machine, and the clients are all i386. Everything is working fine, but I'd like to run local apps, but I'm having no luck. I've rebuilt the image, chrooted into /opt/ltsp/i386. But when I try to yum install just about anything I get conflicts between the installed x86_64 packages and the corresponding i386 packages. Is there an easy way to get around this? Thanks,

Dunc