[K12OSN] Thin Client or Diskless Workstation?

Just wondering if the client option(s) provided by K12LTSP and
K12Linux are Thin Clients (centralized processing with the server's
CPU and RAM used to run applications) or Diskless Workstations
(distributed processing with the client's CPU and RAM used to run
applications). My client machines will need to be able to run high
definition, atsc video using mythtv and I believe a Diskless
Workstation architecture may be the only pratical option for netbooted
clients.

Regards,
Mark