[K12OSN] New Monitors

j.w. thomas jthomas at bittware.com
Mon Jul 20 12:22:38 UTC 2009

I just got a batch of new LCD monitors for my thin clients to replace
the old CRT's.  These monitors have a 16:9 aspect ratio, but X doesn't
seem to notice that.  It continues to display as 1024x768.  The monitor
compensates by stretching the display.

I'm running the Centos-based EL5-64.  Is there a way to force an
adjustment?  I suppose it's also quite possible that my TC's video can't
deal with 16:9, but I don't recall offhand what model they are (vintage
Dell though, I think in the GX series and at least a decade old).  I'll
check that as soon as I can if it makes a difference.

Thanks for any help!

jthomas at bittware.com  http://www.bittware.com    (603) 226-0404 x536
  When you have little data, you have lots of freedom. - Olafur Ingolfssonr