[K12OSN] New Monitors

I just got a batch of new LCD monitors for my thin clients to replace the old CRT's. These monitors have a 16:9 aspect ratio, but X doesn't seem to notice that. It continues to display as 1024x768. The monitor compensates by stretching the display.

I'm running the Centos-based EL5-64. Is there a way to force an adjustment? I suppose it's also quite possible that my TC's video can't deal with 16:9, but I don't recall offhand what model they are (vintage Dell though, I think in the GX series and at least a decade old). I'll check that as soon as I can if it makes a difference.

Thanks for any help!

jthomas bittware com  http://www.bittware.com    (603) 226-0404 x536
 When you have little data, you have lots of freedom. - Olafur Ingolfssonr