[K12OSN] getting local firefox to resolve

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 17:32:05 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 5:13 AM, William Fragakis<william at fragakis.com> wrote:
> I've enabled localapps, installed firefox, turned on nat in iptables and
> enabled ipv4 forwardi ng in/etc/sysctl.conf
>
> but no joy in getting firefox (or even ping) to resolve locally on the
> thin client.
>
> I'm running k12linux (f11).
>
> Any ideas or obvious places to look? I've checked the usual wikis,
> google, etc. and spent much more time on this than I should have. Any
> suggestions would be appreciated.

Did you try this

Install new software in chroot
  chroot /opt/ltsp/i386
  mount /proc
  yum install firefox
  exit

launch app as a local app
   /usr/bin/ltsp-localapps /usr/bin/firefox

If network apps don't work then you may need to setup nat in your
firewall on your external nic

You can also set this up with the gui program system-config-firewall

> Thanks,
> William Fragakis

Robert Arkiletian