[K12OSN] Can local client processes launch server applications?

I am trying to do the opposite of ltsp-localapps.  I want a process
running on the thin client to launch an application on the server.

Is there an easy way to do this (ie: via the existing ssh tunnel)?  I
did not find anything from googling.

I have a USB device that needs to be attached to the client, but it
needs to launch firefox on the server and display it for the thin client
user.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jeff