[K12OSN] External DHCP, DNS,& Everything One nic

Hardin, Roman Roman.Hardin at bardstown.kyschools.us
Mon Jun 1 21:08:25 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I am an administrator at a school and only recently have come upon the
K12LTSP linux project. I would like to get a server and some clients
working for our 3 and 4 year old users. I think this could be a perfect
solution for them. I am certainly somewhat of a Linux newbie, so with
that said here is my issue. I need help getting setup LTSP on the new FC
10 release. I will have an all Microsoft L network accept for these
Linux machines. I have already running, External DHCP,DNS,WINS and
Proxy. I only want to use one NIC if at all possible. I have looked at
the knowledge base wiki but have not been able to wrap my head around
exactly how I am going to accomplish this. I have about 10 clients
running Optiplex SX260's with 512mb and gig nics. My server is a Quad
Core Optiplex with gig nic and 4gb of ram. I know that is overkill but
it was given to me so to speak. If anyone could help I would be
grateful. If I need to provide any more info I would be glad to.

Thanks in advance.

Roman