[K12OSN] C-Media CM8738 Sound Card Problem

murrah boswell otrcomm at isp-systems.net
Tue Jun 2 05:18:11 UTC 2009

Hello Barry,

> on the dell laptop,,as it boots do you ever see a line in the scrolling
> text that says:
> "accepting connections on port 16001",,,?
> This would appear shortly before the end of the  boot process,,before
> configuring x lines starts to appear.
> try the following in a terminal on the TC;
> telnet ws253 16001
> try on the sever console( with the TC booted up)
> telnet ws253 16001
> see if you get a connection this way,,,
> if you never see the above line ,,,accepting,,,,you may see some sort of
> error message when the maestro sound module is trying to be loaded at TC
> boot up,
> post back your findings,,,

I have in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf :

[ws253]
         SMODULE_01    =  "snd-maestro3"

I have even tried

[ws253]
	SMODULE_01    =  "/opt/ltsp/i386/lib/modules/2.6.17.8-ltsp-1/kernel/sound/pci/snd-maestro3.ko"

To see if I could get insmod to load it since I realized that modprobe is not on the TC, but the same error.

When the TC is booting I see a message to the effect of:

FATAL: Module maestro3 not found

Where exactly is the snd-maestro3 module supposed to be located?

If I do a

find /opt/ltsp/i386/lib/modules/2.6.17.8-ltsp-1/kernel/ | grep snd

I see

/opt/ltsp/i386/lib/modules/2.6.17.8-ltsp-1/kernel/sound/pci/snd-maestro3.ko

in the list.

When I try to telnet to port 16001, I get:

[root at testbed ~]# telnet ws253 16001
Trying 10.10.1.253...
telnet: connect to address 10.10.1.253: Connection refused

Regards,
Murrah Boswell