[K12OSN] Preparing K12Linux F11

Alberto Castillo proyecto.edulin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 11:48:35 UTC 2009

2009/6/3 Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com>:
> Hey folks,
Hi! thank you for your effort!

> Fedora 11 is soon to be released.  Sometime after that I will spin a new
> K12Linux Live Server ISO image.
>
> http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/ltsp/k12linux/f11/beta1/
> Currently the beta is under 1GB in size.  Would folks prefer that the image
> include OpenOffice and educational apps?  The image would likely be around
> 1.5GB in that case.
I live in Argentina, and I work into the Ministery of Education Of
Province of Cordoba - GOVERMENT.
We are use k12 since Fedora core 2 or 3 I do not remember exactly.
And I am active member from group 'Fedora Argentina'.

> Please reply here with a list of packages already in Fedora that you would
> like to be included in the image.  Around mid-June I will spin up a release
> candidate for folks here to test.
Is possible include the packages of ltsp 4.2? because we are a lots of
old machines, near of 1500 and we  use ltsp 4.2 for pentiums and for
i486 a system that I build that can runs only with 4MB RAM.
Wine is possible include? others educational apps? you are include
childsplay for example? educational apps for spanish language?

> (It seems we shouldn't include Tuxtyping, Tuxmath and Tuxpaint because they
> are impossible to use over the network right?)
With ltsp 4.2 runs very well!!

> * Can somebody volunteer to take charge of compiling the list?
>
> * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join
> If a package you want is not already in Fedora, then you need to follow the
> procedure to become a Fedora packager and add the package yourself.
>
> * No, we cannot include any packages not included in Fedora.
>
> * I am thinking to make the K12Linux F11 Live Server ISO x86-64 only as this
> is the majority of deployments.  32bit clients are supported by the 64bit
> server.  32bit servers are still possible if you install K12Linux on top of
> the standard Fedora 11.
>
> Warren Togami
> wtogami at redhat.com

Thank you for all and if you need some that me, please contact me
PD: sorry for my bad english!