[K12OSN] Preparing K12Linux F11

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Fri Jun 5 21:08:08 UTC 2009

I wrote:
> Warren Togami wrote:

> >> Huh?  It has been several years now, all releases of Fedora
> >> have included firefox including that particular release.
>
> Well, that's what I assumed, too. Without reinstalling I can't be
> completely sure but I'm *pretty* sure that it wasn't there. Could
> this be a KDE vs. Gnome thing? This is the KDE specific Fedora
> package. Or a Live vs. full install? A lot is left off the Live
> install, so maybe that's it?

I went through the process of reinstalling both the "standard/gnome" and the "special/KDE" live image from the above address. The "standard" Fedora image (F11-Preview-i686-Live.iso) which uses Gnome includes Firefox. The "special" KDE spin (the iso file referenced in my initial e-mail, above) does NOT include Firefox. Odd, I think, but there you go.

--
Henry