[K12OSN] Users randomly logged out?

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Fri Jun 5 23:52:04 UTC 2009

David,

That is interesting you said you had some lightning 'stuff'. I would
trace back from the switch the tc's are piped into and shut off,power
back on each switch in the location you are having trouble with. In
other words from room switch, hallway switch, server room switch. It's
very possible one shut off and the next one did not, when (possibly)
power went down,even for a second. We have some very weird stuff happen,
strictly on M$ vi$ta clients that if the power goes out comes back
on,over the weekend (as all of our switches are not on UPS), we have to
sometimes simply 'switch' ports on the room switch before the client
will do a domain login.Ip's look right ,can ping DC and blah,,blah,,,.
Seems something is cached/arped into one switch or the other. Hope this
makes sense.

Take Care,
Barry Cisna