SOLVED MAYBE: Re: [K12OSN] ltsp-build-client not working

murrah boswell otrcomm at isp-systems.net
Sun Jun 7 17:36:25 UTC 2009

> Anyone know what is going on with the repos called by ltsp-build-client?
> I keep getting:
>
> [root at k12linux init.d]# ltsp-build-client
> Autoconfigured Kickstart: /etc/ltsp/kickstart/Fedora/10/ltsp-i386.ks
> Cachedir: /var/cache/chroot
> Installing into /opt/ltsp/i386
> Mounting /opt/ltsp/i386 for chroot installation
> Retrieving
> http://mirror.uoregon.edu/fedora/linux/updates/10/i386/repodata/repomd.xml
> ...OK
> Error creating image : Unable to download from repo : Cannot retrieve
> repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: temporary-10-i386.
> Please verify its path and try again
> error: LTSP client installation ended abnormally
>

> My firewall is disabled and I can get to
> http://mirror.uoregon.edu/fedora/linux/updates/10/i386/repodata/.
>
> I have tried to rerun ltsp-build-client several times after I delete the
> /opt directory, but it always fails at some point.

I went into /etc/ltsp/kickstart/Fedora/10/ltsp-i386.ks and commented out the line:

#repo --name=temporary-10-i386 --baseurl=http://togami.com/~k12linux-temporary/fedora/10/i386/

because http://togami.com is offline.

This appears to have fixed the problem since now I am not getting errors about repo temporary-10-i386 and ltsp-build-client is once
again retrieving.

http://togami.com must have gone offline last night since my ltsp-build-client run started late died in the middle of the night.

Murrah Boswell