[K12OSN] Fresh install K12LTSP 5EL questions

murrah boswell otrcomm at isp-systems.net
Tue Jun 9 04:40:38 UTC 2009

Hello All,

I did a fresh install, accepting all the defaults, of K12LTSP 5EL (Centos 5) and have some questions.

Without any tweaks, a TC would not boot.

To get it to boot,

First I had to start dhcp manually and then set it to start at boot.

Then I had to start NFS manually and set it to start at boot.

Then I had to stop iptables and ip6tables and disable them both from starting at boot to allow NFS traffic through to the TC.

I left nat running.

Should I have had to do all this out of the box or did I miss some setup parameters?

Regards,
Murrah Boswell