[K12OSN] Preparing K12Linux F11

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed Jun 3 03:43:27 UTC 2009

Hey folks,

Fedora 11 is soon to be released.  Sometime after that I will spin a new
K12Linux Live Server ISO image.

http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/ltsp/k12linux/f11/beta1/
Currently the beta is under 1GB in size.  Would folks prefer that the
image include OpenOffice and educational apps?  The image would likely
be around 1.5GB in that case.

Please reply here with a list of packages already in Fedora that you
would like to be included in the image.  Around mid-June I will spin up
a release candidate for folks here to test.

(It seems we shouldn't include Tuxtyping, Tuxmath and Tuxpaint because
they are impossible to use over the network right?)

* Can somebody volunteer to take charge of compiling the list?

* http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join
If a package you want is not already in Fedora, then you need to follow
the procedure to become a Fedora packager and add the package yourself.

* No, we cannot include any packages not included in Fedora.

* I am thinking to make the K12Linux F11 Live Server ISO x86-64 only as
this is the majority of deployments.  32bit clients are supported by the
64bit server.  32bit servers are still possible if you install K12Linux
on top of the standard Fedora 11.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com