[K12OSN] A bug of vnc-server in FEDORA 10?

Alberto Castillo proyecto.edulin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 12:43:58 UTC 2009

Hi folks!
Last night, I can run my micro distro with a 486 and 4MB ram + vnc
client to a Fedora 10 vnc server.
The cuestion is that a lot of time troubleshooting the implementation
of server and find a typo in the package vnc-config-ltsp of group of
packages LTSP from fedora (the typo is in the declaration of service
800*600*16 colours in vncts that have into the /etc/xinetd.d, that
have a little 'x' more little that usual! and the vnc client gime a
error! just replace the strange 'x' for a regular x into the argument
'server_args' in the declaration of geometry), when I connect the
server gime in same time 2 instances of gdmgreeter!!!
in short: when I connect I can see too login screen one on top of the
other, and I when I login with a user, this ccan enter fine, but still
I have the login screen mix with the Desktop!!!
I never seen that before...
Some idea?
The configuration of vnc server and xinetd is the same that k12ltsp centos5
Thank you for read!
Alberto Castillo