[K12OSN] Users randomly logged out?

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Fri Jun 5 23:15:56 UTC 2009

Hi David,

The way this is worded it sounds like it is user specific? I'm guessing
this is a particular machine(s),that this is ocurring at? We have never
experienced this at all on EL5,which is what I think you are running?
Curious,what type of switch are you using that these TC's are piped
into? Are the nics in the TC's that are dodgey by chance gigE? If this
happens for a particular user,at any TC I'd save there home folder stuff
they have saved, dump there profile,recreate it. Have you added any
non-default stuff that is starting at say all users login?
Sidenote: Way back,( several k12ltsp versions ago) when we had quotas
set up for users home folders this would occur if they were very close
to their home folder limit. May be worth checking also.

Take Care,
Barry Cisna