Re: [K12OSN] Preparing K12Linux F11

Dan Young wrote:

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Dan Young <dyoung mesd k12 or us> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Warren Togami <wtogami redhat com> wrote:
On 06/03/2009 01:37 PM, Terrell Prude' Jr. wrote:
Folks, OpenOffice.org is one of our two mondo-big poster children for
desktop FOSS (Firefox is the other one). We need to get it immediately
in front of people, again, just like Firefox. Best way to do that is to
have it on the ISO image.

Do you volunteer to compile the list of Fedora packages to add?  If nobody
does, then I will add nothing to the upcoming image.
If it's OK to compile the list on fedorahosted.org/k12linux, I'd be
happy to do so.

--
Dan Young <dyoung mesd k12 or us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services

A compilation of suggestions to date is here:
https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/LiveServer/F11CandidateApps
Here are a few more thoughts:
Scribus
Inkscape
(I don't know if these come packaged anyway in the default F 11 spin. )
GCompris
stellarium
skychart

Gnome has other edu software that parallel kdeedu and should be included, such as Gperiodic, but I don't think they are packaged yet for F11.

Regards,
Micha