[K12OSN] Adding to chroot environment

Hello All,

Could someone explain to me, fairly step-by-step, how to add applications to the k12ltsp chrooted environment /opt/ltsp/i386? Or am I missing something basic about how a thin-client TC operates?

I want to add Gnu Gateway (GnuGk) to the server and need to be able to have ohphone listening on each TC for phone calls coming from the teacher at the server. If I install GnuGk on the server by standard methods, will the TC dynamically have access to ophone?

Same question for firefox 3. I want to use firefox 2 and do away with xulrunner and yelp, so will the TC clients dynamically have access to firefox 2 on the server, or do I have to "install" it in the chrooted environment?

Regards,
Murrah Boswell