[K12OSN] Fresh install K12LTSP 5EL questions

Terrell Prude' Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Tue Jun 9 04:51:03 UTC 2009

murrah boswell wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I did a fresh install, accepting all the defaults, of K12LTSP 5EL
> (Centos 5) and have some questions.
>
> Without any tweaks, a TC would not boot.
>
> To get it to boot,
>
> First I had to start dhcp manually and then set it to start at boot.
>
> Then I had to start NFS manually and set it to start at boot.
>
> Then I had to stop iptables and ip6tables and disable them both from
> starting at boot to allow NFS traffic through to the TC.
>
> I left nat running.
>
> Should I have had to do all this out of the box or did I miss some
> setup parameters?

Yup, that should automatically be up and running after a default K12LTSP
5EL install.  Vewwy intewwesting....

I know you said you accepted all the defaults, but I'll still ask.  Are
you *absolutely* sure you chose the LTSP install?  I've chosen "server"
before, which is not quite the same thing.

--TP