Re: [K12OSN] Fresh install K12LTSP 5EL questions

Hello Barry,

I believe the reason your tc's were not booting was actually the
iptables & iptables6 were starting at server bootup. These two have to
be disabled at boot until you do some firewall opening, otherwise the
tc's will NOT boot. I don't know why these firewall rules were never set
correctly in the ltsp setup scripts?
You should NOT have had to reset any service of dhcp or nfs to start at
boot.These two should start automagically at first server bootup.
Are you using the two nic setup on your server?

Yes and I took the default two nic setup.

Did you actually do an ' service dhcpd status'  & 'service nfs status'
after the server was started to see if these services were if fact
running or not running?

No I did not check dhcp and nfs status at initial server start. I will reinstall tonight and then check these.

Bottom line,sounds like your tc(s) are booting fine now.

Yeah it is working kinda sort, but I still can not get the maestro3 modules to load at TC boot. Dell C600 remember? Still does not work!

This is why I did a completely fresh install to see if I messed something up the first time I installed K12LTSP 5EL (Centos 5). I am very new to the thin-client server/client environment, but like the cleanness and quickness of K12LTSP 5EL (Centos 5) over K12Linux so would like to baseline that distribution for my testbed.

Again though, I will do another fresh install of K12LTSP 5EL (Centos 5) tonight and check initial server state.

Regards,
Murrah Boswell