Re: [K12OSN] DNS/NATing issues....

Alan Boushard wrote:
Hello,
I have had my K12LTSP server up all year without any problems. I go on vacation, (mistake number 1), when I get back my users can't surf the web. It acts as if there is not a internet connection. I start pinging my way through my network and I can reach the internet without any problems and I can even ping my DNS servers, which are OpenDNS servers so I have internet connection but it won't resolve domain names. I did have a bad storm here when I was on vacation and it shut down my server but it doesn't show anything wrong during bootup.

'dig' is the tool to diagnose dns problems. Make sure that named is running on the server and that it has access to the upstream servers. A possible problem is that an upstream firewall/router was reset or changed and now doesn't let UDP through.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell gmail com