Re: [K12OSN] DNS/NATing issues....

Alan Boushard wrote:
Hello,
I have had my K12LTSP server up all year without any problems. I go on vacation, (mistake number 1), when I get back my users can't surf the web. It acts as if there is not a internet connection. I start pinging my way through my network and I can reach the internet without any problems and I can even ping my DNS servers, which are OpenDNS servers so I have internet connection but it won't resolve domain names. I did have a bad storm here when I was on vacation and it shut down my server but it doesn't show anything wrong during bootup.

Just to eliminate the basic stuff, have a look at your /etc/resolv.conf and make good and sure you're pointing to the right DNS servers. Another troubleshooting step would be to fire up nslookup, point it at a public DNS server (198.6.1.2 is UUNET's), and see if you can resolve names.

--TP