Re: [K12OSN] DNS/NATing issues....

Alan Boushard wrote:
I have done all the suggestions that have been given but still no luck.  nslookup works with OpenDNS servers.

What does that mean?  Does nslookup work if you don't specify a server?

I can ping internet sites with the IP addresses but can't with their domain names.

So DNS clearly is not working. Is this from the server, a thin client, a NAT'ed client or all 3?

 resolv.conf looks normal.

Does it point to the local server? Are you running named at all? If the problem is with NATed clients, what DNS server(s) are you giving them with DHCP?

Does 'dig' give you a list of root servers?

I am going to reinstall, I do a fresh install for each school year anyway, this one will just be a little sooner.  Thanks for the Help.

I think you are missing something obvious. DNS problems aren't that hard to diagnose.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com