Re: [K12OSN] (no subject)

That works for the one user, I am trying to setup the desktop for all
new users to have a certain firefox setting and no evolution icon.

-----Original Message-----
From: k12osn-bounces redhat com [mailto:k12osn-bounces redhat com] On
Behalf Of Mel Chua
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 9:55 AM
To: Support list for open source software in schools.
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] (no subject)

latest version. One thing we are trying to do is change the firefox
icon
on the launcher and remove the evolution icon from the launcher for
all
users and we have not been able to figure that out of find
documentation
on how to. We are using Gnome as the desktop managers.

This is how it works for GNOME on my Fedora install, so hopefully it'll work for you:

Remove the Evolution icon:
* right-click on the icon in the taskbar
* select "remove from panel"

Change the Firefox icon:
* right-click on the icon in the taskbar
* click "properties"
* click the icon (in the top left corner)
* choose a new icon

--Mel

The settings are in:
/usr/share/applications

edit redhat-web.desktop (icon settings toward the bottom of the file)
- this may be reset when updates are applied

move gnome-nautilus.desktop out of this folder
- this may be put back when updates are applied