[K12OSN] (no subject)

dcurtis at sbschools.net dcurtis at sbschools.net
Wed Jun 17 19:37:29 UTC 2009

I finally found something. Looks like this worked for me:

To set the preferences for a panel and the objects on a panel perform
the following steps:

   1.

      Log in to a GNOME session, and configure the panels as required.
   2.

      Use the --dump option with the gconftool-2 command line tool to
generate a file that contains an XML description of your panel
configuration. The --dump option generates a list that contains all
preference keys in a GConf repository directory that you specify.

      For example, the following command creates an XML description of
the default panel configuration in a file called my-panel-setup.entries:

      gconftool-2 --dump /apps/panel > my-panel-setup.entries

   3.

      Open the my-panel-setup.entries file in a text editor, and modify
the file as required.

      For example, you might want to change the location of the desktop
entry files. The following is an excerpt from a file generated with the
--dump option:

      <entry>
        <key>objects/object_16/launcher_location</key>

<schema_key>/schemas/apps/panel/objects/launcher_location</schema_key>
        <value>
          <string>hadjaha-00adce02f7.desktop</string>
        </value>
      </entry>

      In the sample above, you might want to change the reference to
hadjaha-00adce02f7.desktop to another desktop entry file that is
available globally.

      When you generate a panel configuration with the --dump option,
the positions of the panel objects are absolute positions. You might
want to change the positions of panel objects from absolute positions to
relative positions. The object at the extreme left of a panel has a
position value of 0. The next object has a position value of 1, and so
on. If you want object positions to be relative to the right side of the
panel, set the value of the right_stick key to true.
   4.

      Use the --load option with the gconftool-2 command line tool to
set the values of the default configuration source to the values in the
my-panel-setup.entries file. For example, the following command sets the
values of the keys in the default configuration source to the values of
the corresponding keys in my-panel-setup.entries:

      gconftool-2 --direct \
        --config-source xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults \
        --load my-panel-setup.entries

Found at
http://library.gnome.org/admin/system-admin-guide/2.26/system-admin-guid
e.html#gconf-0