[Fwd: Re: [K12OSN] Custom kernel for thin clients]

Patrick Fleming k12ltsp at rwcinc.net
Sun Jun 21 16:03:59 UTC 2009

(Resent with the "right" return address)

Hi Barry,

This is a custom kernel for this TC only - the others use the existing
kernel. All other machines still boot properly. I have actually spent
quite some time on this before hitting the list.
I added the NIC=tg3 line to the pxelinux.cfg/01-00... machine specific
file, added:
MODULE_01 = tg3
to the MAC specific entry in lts.conf
I downloaded the driver from Broadcom's website and it would still fail
(somewhere around the lts.conf stage) so decided to compile the driver
into the kernel.

pxelinux.cfg/01-00... looks like this:

prompt 0
label linux
  kernel vmlinuz-2.6.29.4
  append root=/dev/ram0 rw initrd=initramfs-2.6.29.4-NAFS.gz NIC=tg3

Does that look like I need support for ramfs of some kind?