[K12OSN] OT: Apple Imac lab

Jason Yeoman tuxnician at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 15:59:27 UTC 2009

Where I work our secondary schools each have a mac lab (including the
art department) and it's used for multimedia, video editing etc.  The
rest of the school is XP with some classes having an entire lab of XP
machines.  If students need to work on the Macs they will have to wait
until one becomes available (outside their regular classroom time).

What kind of compatibility are they looking for between the macs and
the ltsp clients?  Outside of the lab what do they want to do with the
other machines?  Open Office is available for both Mac and Linux,
Firefox etc.  If they don't need to do anything more than video
editing then using the ltsp would probably be the best option.