[K12OSN] Re: OT: Apple Imac lab

Lee Mowery lmowery at tech.washk12.org
Sun Mar 1 17:22:38 UTC 2009

Does thin client labs and thick client labs integrate well together?  I am
new to this and am trying various thin client labs before I try out some
thick client labs.  Would it be possible to keep using CentOS and have 20
other computers dedicated as thick clients that could do the audio/video
while  still have the same OS and desktop?

I am thinking of a scenario where you have a LTSP server servicing a basic
lab and a thick client server servicing machines dedicated to audio/video.
The client machines in a thick lab wouldn't need to be that powerful would
they?  Does CentOS or K12Linux by Fedora have that option where in can do
either thin or thick?