[K12OSN] Where is K12LTSP at?

David Hopkins dahopkins429 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 15:09:41 UTC 2009

Revisiting this with an update.

I was able to boot my x86_64 servers via the USB LiveServer but had a
couple of glitches.

1) I don't allow DHCP on the switch that the servers share, so I
disabled Network Manager and manually assigned the IP address, subnet
mask, gateway.  Tested by pinging various systems within the network.
2) Configured the second ethernet card to serve the clients. Booted a
few different types of hardware and they seem to work.
3) But ... web browsing did not work. I have to use a proxy and after
setting the proxy setting (either at the console for liveuser or at a
thin client with either liveuser or a test account) I get an error
message that FF is configured to use a proxy and the connection is
being refused. Very strange as I obviously don't have that issue with
the current release.
4) Sound seemed to work but until I can get FF to proxy correctly, I
can't test the ability to use what-used-to-be UnitedStreaming or other
video/audio repositories.

And ... any documentation on the new locations of all the config
files?  This has changed.  Ideally I will be changing the ltsp
settings back to the 192.168 address range so I don't have to change
all my pre-defined thin clients as well as printers.  It should be 1
or 2 files that have to be edited (dhcpd.conf would be one?)

Thanks!
Dave Hopkins