[K12OSN] Default iptables?

Joseph Bishay joseph.bishay at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 15:47:43 UTC 2009

Hello,

Since I'm remote from the server and only have SSH access I can follow
your instructions on service iptables stop but is there a way to test
if a terminal boots remotely?

The other part of your instructions that makes me a bit nervous is the
'start adding ports that need to come in from the internet and to
clients."  I have no idea what ports are needed or aren't needed :)  I
assume you're suppose to let everything in and out on the thin client
network card, but on the Internet-facing NIC is there a standard "let
these through, don't let those through" list?

Thank you
Joseph