[K12OSN] Allowing thin clients to connect to other hosts

Peter Scheie peter at scheie.homedns.org
Thu Mar 26 00:20:53 UTC 2009

Assuming the users' IDs are stored on the K12Linux server, I would setup public
key authentication from the K12Linux server to the other Linux boxes--that is,
copy each user's public SSH key to each desired Linux server--and then put icons
on user's desktops that call something like 'ssh linuxbox1 application'.  This
means the application will run on linuxbox1 but display on the thin client.  To
the user, it's all transparent.  The city of Largo, Florida has been using this
approach, dedicating a server to each application, with great success.

Peter