[K12OSN] k12linux and windows dhcp server

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sat Mar 28 12:40:29 UTC 2009

Hi Trey,

I don't know if this would be an option for you, but you can easily run
your existing k12linux servers dhcp server on an alternate port.
(usually 1067).
AKA: Parallel dhcp servers on same network segment.
We have one such set up at one of our school buildings and this way the
winders boxes never knows the k12linux server exists.
Only downside, you have to hand edit each client machine in lts.conf and
add this entry, pointing to port 1067 .But once you see the drill you
simply do the 'ol copy/paste info for each client switching the ws<###>
Here is an how to on how to set this up:

http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/DHCP#Use_different_port_numbers_for_t

Barry