[K12OSN] OT: Apple Imac lab

Patrick Fleming k12ltsp at rwcinc.net
Mon Mar 2 16:23:21 UTC 2009

Ryan Collins wrote:
> Rob Owens wrote:
>> Rhetorical question:  why is the English Dept. teaching their students
>> to rely on a grammar checker?

Maybe you can justify the more expensive software by getting rid of the
teachers since the software they want replaces them anyway. The teachers
in my district don't know grammar themselves, I have yet to see anything
beyond a single sentence that manages to properly use grammar, spelling
and correct use of quotes. I recently read an email regarding the budget
slashing happening in our state where the fifth grade teacher used "one
fail swoop" instead of, "one fell swoop". I thought they had to be
college educated to get their teaching certificate.

/rant off