[K12OSN] Possible to access an external MS AD ?

I'm wondering if a Windows box inside an LTSP lan (which therefore
would get it's IP from the LTSP server) can access (auth user) to  a
MS AD server which is external to the LTSP lan?

I think the answer is NO but I just want to verify with the list.

--
Robert Arkiletian