[K12OSN] Installing LTSP 5 over Fedora 10

Michael J. Izak mizak at worldnet.att.net
Sat Mar 14 20:42:21 UTC 2009

This is exactly the page I was talking about that was not very clear.

I started out with Fedora 6 LTSP version two or three years ago and it
worked very well. It had thunderbird and firefox in it.  Now the centos
version don't have thunderbird. I need thunderbird. I guess nobody
thought of maintaining continuity with the software carried from Fedora
6 to the Centos when they were building the Centos version.

That's why after reading the LTSP wiki page it seemed all I needed was
Fedora 10 install DVD because the LTSP software is already intergrated
into the Fedora 10.  Now it seems LTSP is not part of F10 because I
can't find any LTSP packages when during the pre-install phase of F10.
I thought I was hearing for some years LTSP was gonna be part of F8,
then F9, and F10? Myth?

I can't do a yum install on the live version.  I get back errors which I
don't understand which I gave up.

MJI