Re: [K12OSN] Installing LTSP 5 over Fedora 10

Of course the CentOS version has Thunderbird!  I'm using it on K12LTSP 5EL right now to write this very email.  Evolution is installed by default, true, but T-Bird is most definitely in the Yum repositories.  Here's the proof from my own K12LTSP 5EL server.

  [microman takhisis ~]$ rpm -q thunderbird
  thunderbird-2.0.0.19-1.el5.centos
  [microman takhisis ~]$

Just do a "yum install thunderbird", and you will be a happy ranchero.  :-)

--TP
Do you GNU?

Michael J. Izak wrote:
This is exactly the page I was talking about that was not very clear.

I started out with Fedora 6 LTSP version two or three years ago and it worked very well. It had thunderbird and firefox in it.  Now the centos version don't have thunderbird. I need thunderbird. I guess nobody thought of maintaining continuity with the software carried from Fedora 6 to the Centos when they were building the Centos version.
That's why after reading the LTSP wiki page it seemed all I needed was Fedora 10 install DVD because the LTSP software is already intergrated into the Fedora 10.  Now it seems LTSP is not part of F10 because I can't find any LTSP packages when during the pre-install phase of F10.  I thought I was hearing for some years LTSP was gonna be part of F8, then F9, and F10? Myth?

I can't do a yum install on the live version.  I get back errors which I don't understand which I gave up.

MJI