[K12OSN] hplip + TC + Photosmart 7760

Gustav J Kramer gjk_lists at rogers.com
Mon Mar 16 02:41:38 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-03-15 at 07:45 -0500, Barry R Cisna wrote:
> Gustav,
>
> Thanks for the heads up on the slowness of the card reader. Makes sense
> about the two daemons having to run 'inside' the client to work for
> advanced features stuff.
> All of the 'actual' Jetdirect/network printers that add to hplip works
> fine,so the usb attached must be the show stopper.

My pleasure,

FWIW there _is_ a USB Jetdirect printserver that should work with hplip
if the printer supports it.  Mine did and I priced one out - at the time
the best that I could do was around $200.  I quickly decided against it
since it would be obsolete once I life cycled that printer.  The card
reader, on the other hand, is cheap and can be moved from machine to
machine.

Cheers,

- gustav

<snip>