Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP/K12Linux 'crusaders'

James P. Kinney III wrote:

So the "sale force" has to sell "installed seats" while not violating
the spirit and letter of the GPL (which strictly forbids per seat
licensing of the code!) by only selling a package of installed code with
support - no exceptions. Add in a training program for existing school
admins to start getting them up to speed on Linux and it might work.

You can sell per seat, per user, per server or whatever other method you want to. There is nothing in the GPL that prevents this. RedHat does it, Novell does it. The only thing the GPL prevents is lockout - if someone wants the source, they get the source. I hope that I'm misunderstanding your use of "strictly forbids per seat licensing"