[K12OSN] Roaming Profiles

Have some interesting behavior with roaming profiles I'm looking to correct/change.

It appears that when a student logs into a machine a profile is stored locally on each and every machine.

If they are logged out and I delete some files manually on the server, the next time they log into a workstation, the files "come back to life" from the profile stored on the local machine.

Is there anything detrimental about turning off roaming profiles after it's been in use 3/4 of the year?

--Huck